Thursday 12 September 2013

My Current Top 5 Makeup Products

So I thought I'd make a post about my current, top 5 favourite makeup products at the moment. Some of them I've been loving for a long time, and some are newer to my most loved list. So in no particular order here they are:




  • First up is my Benefit Erase Paste. I can't remember what colour I have and the label has come off of the bottom but I know it was one shade darker than the palest one. I have been using and loving this concealer for a couple of years now and it is one of my most used products, which is why I can see the bottom of the little jar. However, it does last a really long time. I love the packaging I think it's really fun and cute and the concealer itself is a real cracker. It has a creamy consistency, provides good coverage where used and lasts well on the skin. I like that it conceals my dark circles but is also great for covering up pesky blemishes. A pot of Erase Paste is priced at £19.50 which is at the higher end of my budget when it comes to buying makeup, (me being a student and all), however I am willing to splash out a bit more on this as I know it's worth it.


  • My Real Techniques Buffing Brush must be mentioned here, even if it is a tool rather than an actual make up product. The brush is so soft on the skin and really does a great job of buffing my foundation or tinted moisturiser to give a smooth, flawless finish. I got this buffing brush as part of a set called 'Real Techniques Core Collection Kit ' for Christmas and I have been using it constantly since then. The brush on it's own I think costs around £10 or £11.

  • Bourjois Delice de Poudre (the one that looks like chocolate), is a bronzer which I have been using every day for a really long time now. I have only had to repurchase it once, because it is such a long lasting product. In my opinion, it doesn't actually smell like chocolate, but it does have a sweet, vanilla scent which I'm a fan of. This bronzer has a tiny shimmer to it in the pan, but on the skin I don't think it's very noticeable, as I am not a major fan of shimmer, I also like that it's not too orangey in colour. I use the shade 52, which I would recommend for people with a medium skin tone; not really fair, but not any darker than a tanned olive skin tone. At £6.99 I think this bronzer is amazing value.


  • In terms of mascara, the one that I'm loving and have also only just started using, is the HC Instant Lash Extender. I'm not sure how much this is, as it was given to me as a birthday present by my best friend who knows how much I go on about wanting longer eyelashes, and this product claims to promote lash growth within a month or two. I have yet to see whether my lashes will extend and become uber fluttery and flirtatious, however I do know that in the mean time, it does a damn good job of extending, separating and adding volume to my eyelashes and it gets my full approval.


  • Last but not least is the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable balm stain in the colour 001 Honey Douce, which costs £7.99. I know that some people are not a fan of the smell of this product which is slightly minty, but I am not offended by it, and I find it to be quite a fresh smell. This balm stain is great because it moisturises my lips, has an almost glossy effect to start with, and then when the balm has faded I am left with a pretty pink stain which lasts for hours, and is great for when I'm working and can't keep reapplying lip products. This colour is lovely too as it is a pinky nude with bluey purple undertones, and I think it really completes and polishes an everyday makeup look ,but also works well to keep lips looking nice whilst wearing heavier eye makeup for a night out.

                                    So those are my current favourites, what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment